Slideshow

Friday, January 8, 2010

Kind of embarrassing

I snuck ... sneaked? ... into Barnes and Nobles today.

Well, that's not exactly true. I went through the front door normally ... not utilizing any of the commando training I never received.

Anyway, I took a day off work today, and determined to work on WereWoof without any distractions. So I shut off my internet connection and went to Barnes and Noble. I went for two reasons,

1) I had a B&N gift card.
2) They have a Starbucks and I had a Starbucks gift card .. given to me by a reader, no less ... thanks, Alison.
3) I needed to get a certain book.

So I got a large, or whatever they call it .. Lentil? ... White Chocolate Mocha, revved up the laptop and got to work.

After banging out some words (I was feeling my muse, they were good words), it was time to go pick up my critter after school.

Now I had another errand to run. Harriet Klausner, Amazon's number one rated book reviewer (woo-hoo!), has agreed to review Fang Face.

The trouble is I had an author event at a school in December and they had ordered 100 copies of my book but didn't receive them in time for my visit. I loaned them all of my stock of books, but haven't had a chance to go up and retrieve the replacements.

That left me without a book to send.

So here I was in a Barnes and Noble.

They have books, right?

Yep.

They'll have Fang Face, right?

Well, maybe.

I haven't quite broken into B&N with the success I've enjoyed with Borders. But I'm trying. So with some trepidation, I went to the Young Adult section and - voila! - there were three copies of Fang Face.

I grabbed one and scurried down the escalator to the check out. There, the girl who waited on me looked at the book and said, "Oh, this looks like a great book. I have to check it out."

Um. What's one to say? Should I admit I'm buying my own book? Should I pretend I'm just a reader and tell her the book is fantastic .. which it is, so I wouldn't be lying.

What a conundrum.

And here's the worst part ...

... are you ready? ...

... I'm not going to tell you what I did.

Bwah, ha, ha!

Norm

http://www.normcowie.com

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Fang Face, Norm. The first book is soooo much fun! Hope you get a smashing-good review from Harriet. -Cheers!

    ReplyDelete