Slideshow

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Excuses and stuff

I gotta admit, I'm not doing much writing nowadays. I finished Bonk & Hedz a couple months ago, and then got back to my third Adventures of Guy WIP (70% done).

But I'm easily distracted, and not writing much. I think a lot of it is because I'm distracted because I'm jumping through all of the hoops necessary to get Critter #2 enrolled at UofI. And I injured my knee a couple months ago, and it's distracting.

But I will get back to it. I wrote Bonk & Hedz extremely quickly (for me) ... 71 days, so maybe some detox time is okay.

Plus I'm trying to get a handle on the new ebook world. Borders is basically insolvent, agents are dealing with a shrinking market that can't seem to grab the tail to the explosion that is ebook. Why use an agent? Why sign up with a traditional publisher who will put your book on the shelves in a year or two when you can do it yourself in a week or two?

It's a strange time.  I know I released WereWoof onto Kindle just a couple months ago, and it's already rated higher than my other books. Who'd a thunk?

Anyway, right now I'm sorta playing the field, and letting everything soak in. In the meantime I'm reading a lot, posting some reviews, spending a lot of time with my family, and catching up on ebooks.  June will be an absolute crazy month, with speaking engagements and book events galore. So this little breather is nice.

Norm

(news flash:  three books on Kindle for less than a buck, and one for just three. that means you can buy four of my books for a grand total of six bucks.  what a deal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment