Slideshow

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Powertrain? What's that?


Sometimes I think everyone knows things I don't.

Case in point. We bought a new ... well, a used ... car for my daughter a few months ago. Then this week we received a letter from Chrysler telling us that as the second owner of the car, we did not purchase the original powertrain limited warranty that came with the car. But good news, if we forked over $125 to the nearest Chrysler dealer, we could have the warranty.

What a stroke of luck!

But I have a deep secret I have to admit. I have no idea just what a powertrain warranty is.

Yeah, I know. I'm a guy, this kind of knowledge is supposed to just soak into my head while watching ESPN. Fixing cars, wielding strange tools with unknown purposes .. all this guy stuff that I should understand.

But I don't. I know everyone else does, because every car commercial brags about the limited powertrain warranty. Smart, normal guys just nod their heads and go, 'awesome, a limited powertrain warranty. I have to get myself one of those."

Not me. I don't have a clue. And what's this limited stuff? I want an unlimited powertrain warranty. I want my train to have the full power, all the time. None of that limited stuff.

I miss the boat on other stuff, too. Like a 'Three G" network. All of a sudden everyone wanted one. I didn't, because I didn't know what it was. And triple hops brewed beer. If you didn't have triple hops brewed beer, what did you have? Wine? And what does hopping do for your beer? It seems to me if you jump around with your beer, it's gonna explode in a gusher of foam once you open it.

Strange stuff.

Norm

(if you like this kind of thing, you can download The Guy'd Book for FREE from my website www.normcowie.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment