- It was fun to watch sleepy-eyed, bored expressions morph into animated, laughing faces.
- I shared hotdogs, fried poultry somethings and pizza with kids during their most social time.
- I learned that I shouldn't say two certain words in school - even though they aren't cuss words.
- The young adults at Joliet are a bit more inclined to use Myspace rather than Facebook compared to other schools I've spoken at.
- The girls prefer Jacob over the Jonas Brothers. And some Justin Bieber or something like that over Jacob.
- Serious stuff happens with kids - I hope I gave them a break from some of that.
- Young adults like it when they are paid attention to (don't we all?)
- Even kids who claim to be 'non-readers' have been friending me. So something worked. I shall convert them ... heh.
- Librarians and the Tech people are the real heroes at school.
- Girls listen to rap.
- They're called sleep-overs, not slumber parties.
- Kids like to write poetry.
- If you can entertain them, they think you're cool, even if you're fifty-one, balding and bowlegged.