Slideshow

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Show Me State

I'm in Missouri for the next three days (if you don't know where Missouri is, take a left at Illinois and go about a block).

This is my first time at the Missouri Writer's Guild Writers Conference. I got here a couple hours ago and right away met the bookseller, Vicki Erwin of Main Street Books, who brought as promised an autographed copy of The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer. She didn't bring Heather Brewer, but the book is the next best thing.

Besides owning her own bookstore, Vicki has been published, herself, with more than twenty children titles to her credit. I'm humbled.

Well, not humble. Jealous. Yeah, that's it, jealous. But jealous in a good way.

Besides that, I haven't done much yet, other than hunt down some Chinese food.

Pleasant surprise to find out there is free internet, free lunch, free breakfast, and a nice hotel. I'm off to seek more pleasant surprises and will write again later.

Norm

No comments:

Post a Comment