Slideshow

Monday, July 13, 2009

You say excuses, I say explanations

If you haven't heard much from me lately, it's cuz I've been running around a bit more than usual. I work a regular job ... in addition to swimming a grueling five hours or so a week ... but I've had a very busy last three days.

On Saturday, I got up early, drove to McCormick Place, and manned the Society of Childrens Book Writers and Illustrators booth for two hours at the American Library Association convention. Now if you've seen me at an event, you'll know I don't just sit there like a frog on a log. I am high energy, and my brain .. and mouth .. are going a mile a minute, arms waving like a flag during a tornado. Then when my two hours was up, I had fun with the other SCBWI authors before going off to explore the rest of the exhibits.

On Sunday, I drove up to Park Forest for the Joe Konrath, Henry Perez and Jeff Strand book signing party at Centuries and Sleuths bookstore. This was the first time I'd ever met Jeff, though I know Joe and Henry already. In fact, the three of us all have stories in the anthology, "Missing."

Commercial: If you haven't read 'Missing', get yourself over there! My story involves my characters from the Adventures of Guy series.

Anyway, today was two hundred twenty miles of Chicago construction highway traffic, as my daughter Lauren and I went to visit Carthage College in Wisconsin. What a beautiful campus! Lauren's in love ... hopefully we can swing it. We'll be visiting a few more colleges in the upcoming weeks. It was an exhausting, but very enjoyable day.

A soccer mom might not be too impressed by all of this, but I'm like an amped up kid after guzzling five cans of energy drinks. A lot of frantic fun, and then it's time for 'buffering' mode.

So I haven't been posting much and I haven't been reading others' posts.

Explanation!

Norm

http://fangface.homestead.com

No comments:

Post a Comment